There are many benefits from getting a massage, both physically and mentally. Sometimes massages can part of a rehabilitation plan put together and implemented by your physio, can stimulate muscles and blood flow before sport, or can just be a routine treatment every month that just keeps you ticking over.
Here are just some of the benefits a massage can bring to your health and wellbeing:
• Releases endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
• Alleviate lower-back pain and improve range of motion
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph, which is the body’s natural defence system
• They can exercise and stretch, weak, tight or degenerated muscles
• Help athletes on any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
• Improve the condition of our largest organ – the skin
• Increase mobility in our joints
• Can lessen depression and anxiety – relieving stress
• Reduces the occurrence of cramping and muscle spasms
• Relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles
Whether the reason for a massage is to be pampered, therapeutic or rejuvenated, there is no doubt that they are a great weapon to have in our arsenal of healthcare.
In particularly, massage can help to relieve and manage stress both physically and mentally – this is even more important with today’s fast-paced and busy lifestyles.
We budget to keep our car in shape, watch sports sat in front of the TV, indulge on meals out, and to have the latest phone or tablet – so where does your wellbeing and health come in. Our health is our number one asset and let’s face it, we only get one body, so let’s look after it.
Invest in your health by getting a massage frequently, it will play a huge part in the way you feel both internally and externally. If you’re considering massage as part of a health and wellness plan, please get in touch with us for more details on how it can benefit you personally and with your lifestyle.
If you have any questions, you can contact us by using our FREE online Ask A Physio services, or by giving us a call at one of our clinics.