Podiatry Services Available at Burnley & Padiham
Our Podiatry assessments are £34 for 30 minutes.
- General chiropody services (such as nail cutting, treatment of corns, callus (hard skin) and ingrown toenails)
- Biomechanical assessments (this can include assessing your gait, identifying reasons for pain, sports injury management, recommending treatment plans and prescribing orthotic devices, for more information follow the link)
- Verruca treatments
- Diabetic foot services (including foot screening, risk identification and advice on avoiding serious complications such as diabetic foot ulcers)
- Neurological and vascular assessments (to establish your foot health – it’s pain-free and non-invasive)
- Treatment and advice for patients with other conditions including patients undergoing cancer treatments, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, bunions, circulatory problems, chilblains, etc
- Advice and treatment on skin conditions (including psoriasis, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, excessive sweating, skin disorders or infections)
- Footwear advice (helping you to make informed choices regarding your footwear)
- Foot health education and self-care advice, to keep you as active and mobile as possible
What is the difference between Chiropody and a Podiatry?
Podiatrist is the modern term for Chiropodist; it is the internationally-recognised name for a foot specialist. Podiatry is our entry level service with long-lasting results, providing comprehensive advice and treatment in all areas of foot health; a Podiatrist is a specialist in the way people walk and is able to give advice and treatment on all aspects of foot pathology.
Our Podiatrists are trained to a degree level. Each one specialises in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of all problems relating to the foot and lower limbs. They are all Health and Care Professions Council registered and members of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.